Acutran VPI Process
Vacuum Pressure Impregnation is a process where Acutran completely seals a coil thru pressure and a resin.
The process are as follows:
- Coil(s) are placed in a vacuum chamber and a dry vacuum cycle takes place. Drawing all of the air and moisture out of the coil windings. Air pockets over time can lead to insulation deterioration.
- A resin is introduced into the chamber and a wet pressure cycle forces the resin into the coil(s) layers. This allows a complete saturation of the entire winding.
- Then the coil(s) are baked out to seal the resin forming a hard protection around the windings and insulation.
The benefits of a Vacuum Pressured Impregnation:
- Improved dielectrics allowing a higher resistance to ground failures
- Greater Mechanical Strength
- Seals Windings against moisture and foreign contaminants
- Improves heat dissipation
- Improved Corona and/or partial discharge levels
For more information about our (VPI) Vacuum Pressure Impregnation Process call (724) 452-4130 or click to contact us.