MARINE DUTY TRANSFORMERS
Acutran custom designs and manufactures a variety of dry-type custom transformers for the marine industry, including marine duty transformers, marine duty ISO boost transformers, and marine duty isolation transformers.
Acutran’s years of specialization in the transformer field has allowed us to develop a “MARINE DUTY CORROSITRAN” dry type transformer, which embodies heavy-duty industrial type construction along with a high degree of anti-corrosion protection, designed to add years of life to dry type transformers.
No matter how demanding your marine environment conditions are, or how tight your project timeline is, you can count on our extensive experience and array of design tools to create a custom solution for your marine applications.
Acutran dry-type marine duty transformers are custom engineered and manufactured for severe-duty marine environments, including:
Acutran Marine Transformer Features
|Power Rating||Single phase up to 50kVA or Three phase up to 112.5kVA|
|Windings||Copper Encapsulated or Vacuum Pressure Impregnation|
|Temperature Rise||80°C, 115°C|
|Electrostatic Shield||Galvanic shielding with terminal|
|Enclosures||Mild steel or stainless steel painted in Standard ANSI 61 grey or standard coast guard white. Indoor or Outdoor Application|
Standards, Requirements, Quality Features
Acutran is ISO9001:2015 certified and is a certified Veteran Owned Business. Our products are compliant with IEEE 45, USCG 259, ABYC E8, and ABS requirements.
Primary Voltage Taps
- Typical +2,-2 at 2.5%
- Special tap multi-voltage switch configurations for low voltage
- Yachting applications
- Various tap or multi-voltage configurations available
- Designs available for varying ambient and maximum ambient application temperatures
- Maximum 40°C or 50°C
- Design flexibility for meeting required impedances
Enclosure and Base Style and Finishes
- Ventilated, encapsulated or non-ventilated
- Indoor/outdoor applications and ratings: NEMA 1, 2, 3R, 4, 4X, 12, IP-23, others as needed
- Mild steel or stainless steel
- Optional hurricane baffles
- ANSI 61 gray baked on powder-coat finish. Other colors available, including “Coast Guard” white
- Structural steel bases with stainless steel bases available
- Hazardous location enclosures available
- Thermostatically controlled space heaters available
- Multiple termination combination including bus to ends and stub-up
- Air terminal chambers available to fit your unique application
- Flange and throat matching capabilities available
- 100% testing per applicable ANSI C57.12.01 and C57.12.91 requirements
- Contact Acutran for certification requirements of custom designs
Why Choose Acutran for Your Marine Applications?
For more than 35 years, the experts at Acutran have been designing and manufacturing dry-type transformers for critical power applications in the world’s most challenging marine environments. By using the highest quality raw materials for our comprehensive product range, partnering with our customers to help them succeed, providing excellent engineering support, and committing to on-time delivery every time, we make it easy for our customers to work with us.